25 Mar 2015

22. ♡ Osharecon ♡

Hey everyone!
Whow I haven’t blogged in months! (( ;°Д°))
Sorry….. (•́︿•̀)

I still have to blog about 2 previous gyaru meetings but  I’ve been really busy with personal stuff and a lot of exciting things are happening. Like starting a gyaru-sa and finding a internship which means I’ll be graduating soon.  But once everything settles down I hope to be able to blog more often since I enjoy it so much. Also I changed my blog lay out, do you like it? (Not completely finished yet) (*^^*)
But moving on and a little heads up this post is extremely picture heavy! ww 2 week  ago I went to Osharecon, the first convention in the Netherlands entirely dedicated to Japanese street fashion. This was their first edition and I was so excited to go! Also this was my first time going to a con!
I was running late as usual but managed to snap a quick selfie before running out the door. I met up with my boyfriend at Utrecht central station and got spotted by Chris and we decided to all travel together.  (*^ω^*)

Once we arrived  we were greeted with some yummy Calpis and I helped Chris get ready by doing her hair.
There were a lot of activities planned like the deco nail workshop which I signed up for.  (*^^*)
Photo credits: Miyako Studio
But while we were busy playing with nails I was interrupted by a camera crew wanting to have an interview about gyaru nail styles and my personal gyaru fashion. Which was fun and a little awkward at the same time. (^_^;;)
Photo credits: Miyako Studio
I really look forward to seeing it as they interviewed and filmed other gals as well. I feel bad though the cameraman made Sharon get out of her seat so he could film me but that way she couldn’t continue doing her nails. But we got to take some deco home with us so we can finish our nails at home. (^_^)

After the workshop I chatted with other gals and we just hanged out in the dealer room and enjoyed the other activities. Like karaoke,games corner and there were a lot dealers with anime/manga merchandise, Lolita clothes, Japanese food and other Japan related stuff.
Photo credits: Miyako Studio
There also were a lot of Japanese street fashion shows:
Lolita

Visual kei

Harajuku fashion

Time literally just flew by as I just had so much fun. Sadly I didn’t really buy anything at the con except food…but it was delicious ^^ Before we knew it, it was almost time for the fashion show so I hastily got ready by putting on my deco nails which I made last minute the night before. Because I couldn’t wear the nails that I had in mind seeing as my deco and nails hadn't arrived yet.  (T_T) 
Because I had to get ready I couldn’t participate in the parapara workshop but I had fun watching. (o^^o)
Some outfit details.
After some last minute make up touches it was show time! We had a short rehearsal backstage and then the gyaru fashion show started!   
Jojo’s And I’s failed attempt at making a heart ww
I was so nervous but I was so happy I got the opportunity to be in the gyaru fashion show to be able to represent a fashion/lifestyle I love so much. I was chosen to wear agejo during the show so I decided to wear old school over the top agejo style paired with suji mori hairstyle and a lot of accessories.
During the style introduction round.
My boyfriend filmed my walk ^^

 

Photo credits: Miyako Studio
Everyone looked so beautiful I'm so proud to be a part of the Dutch gyaru community!
 After the fashion show it was picture time! (^o^)
With Hana and Kuro
With Marieke and Sonja
Later the Japanese rock band Adams played and we all clapped and danced along to their music. 
Photo credits: Miyako studio
But everyone was pretty hungry so we decided to visit the Honey Garden maid cafe.
And we ate some yummy cake and mochi.  (*^^*)
Then the event was almost over but we still wanted to take some pictures together as a gyarusa and with other friends
 ReGAL gyaru-sa!
Sadly not all the members were able to go to Osharecon.
Yanki pose... much badass ww 
 With Sharon, Anna, Jojo, Kuro and Hana
Photo credits: Miyako studio
After that we left and made our way back to the station
All the cool kids sitting in the back of the bus...

We said good bye to the rest of the group and traveled to The Hague and ate some dinner as we hardly ate a proper meal all day XD But when we finished a cute little girl and her mother approached us and she asked if her daughter could take a picture with me as she liked my style. It was so adorable and I’m happy my boyfriend could snap a picture as well. (´,,•ω•,,)  After that we made our way back home.
I would just like to thank Rox,Charlotte and Dominique and everyone else who made this con such a success! And I feel so proud that 3 Dutch gals were able to pull something amazing like this off. I had a great time seeing so many friends and meeting new ones And it gave me the personal boost that I needed and gave me more confidence with my style and made my love for gyaru fashion even bigger! And even my boyfriend enjoyed himself. I felt a little guilty at first by dragging him along to a fashion convention but he got plenty of attention as well. And thank you everyone who made this day awesome! *''*+



8 comments :

  1. wow the con looked so good, I wanna do nail deco too~ I love your outfit and hair, great to see old school Agejo still going! aww the little girl is so cute <3
    Amy
    http://opheliaofharts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear~ <3
      You should come next time! ^^

      Delete
  2. This con looked like so much fun from all the posts I read ;o; I would have loved to be there ;w;
    I love when kids like your style and want to take pictures ^w^
    And you were in this video about the con
    http://www.prosieben.de/tv/taff/video/201518-skurrile-mode-aus-japan-clip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awth you should come next time! <3
      And I know right it so cute ^^
      And thank, you sadly I can't watch the video because i'm not in germany ;_:

      Delete
    2. I guess the next time will only be next year? ;;
      Kids just enjoy seeing the clothes and aren't judging like adults do ;w; It's adorable when they get all excited
      >< I didn't know the videos are limited to germany only

      Delete
    3. Yes I hope so! ^o^
      Exactly (most) childern are just so lovely and cute and non-judging towards others. <3
      Most of German video's are ;_; But luckily they have released one I could watch ^^

      Delete
  3. That looks fun! Everyone in the gyaru fashion show was dressed so well! (also the lolita one they were, too!)

    ReplyDelete