19 Apr 2015

23. ♡ Starting my Internship ♡

It's been almost 3 weeks since I first started my internship at social services and so far I'm loving it! I was really nervous the first day seeing as this is my first time ever working in an office and it's such a big change. I still really need to get used to getting up early every morning and working 5 days a week but my coworkers have really made me feel at home. ♡


This is a picture in the main entrance hall. I couldn't get a proper picture but I really like the classic design.

I haven't been able to really do anything expect sit next to my mentor/ Senior work consultant and learn how the computer program we use works and get things from the copy machine ww. (o´艸`)

But so far my favorite part has been being able to sit in during consultations with clients. First I felt a little nervous and awkward but I find it really interesting to see and hear about the different circumstances and situations the clients are in. It's also really educational to see how the consultants speak to clients and how they react when things are on the urge of escalating.

Yes sometimes things get out of hand and clients can get aggressive but we have a lot of security guards who keep an eye on things, luckily I haven't witnessed anything like that yet. But the security guards are really friendly too. I feel kinda guilty as they have to walk with the new interns to open the doors seeing as we don't have the security cards that open the doors of the office yet. (^_^;)

The other new interns and I are really luckily since we are the first interns who get the chance to visit every department in our building for a day (or more). To learn more about the organization and the different services it provides. Which I really enjoyed and found really interesting. I'm also happy with who my mentor is he is a bit of a goof ball and makes lots of jokes. But he is also very intelligent and I hope to learn a lot from him.

But seeing as I really have to look work appropriate I've been trying out onee gyaru. And I'm pretty proud to be able to say that I've worn gyaru make up and worn fake lashes everyday! But I'm still struggling with finding a balance between my usual gyaru look and my work appropriate gyaru look seeing as I don't want to end up looking too "Normaal” or look too "Strange or out there" ww This was my look for my first day I prefer my make to be a little bit more dramatic but I didn't want to stand out too much on my first day. (><)


I didn't take an outfit picture sadly but the top is from lip service and I'm sure I'll wear this outfit again as I got some nice compliments and people even liked my make up.  Overall I'm really enjoying my internship so far and I hope to earn a lot of work experience learn a lot the upcoming months.  (*^▽^*)




4 comments :

  1. Good luck with your new job! It seems like a really nice place to work at!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3
      And so far it really has been ^^

      Delete
  2. It's great that you're enjoying your internship; hopefully you learn a lot from it!
    Props for being determined to wear gal to work; it's definitely a bit of a challenge to find the right balance but it seems like you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will :3
      And thank you! I hope I can find a balance soon ^^

      Delete